Contoh soal soal cpns: Bahasa Inggris
October 18, 2008
SOAL SOAL UJIAN SELEKSI PENERIMAAN CALON PEGAWAI NEGERI SIPIL
MATA UJIAN : BAHASA INGGRIS
TINGKAT : SARJANA/DIPLOMA
LOKASI WAKTU : 60 MENIT
Untuk soal nomor 1 sampai dengan nomor 50, pilihlah salah satu jawaban yang saudara anggap paling tepat diantara pilihan yang tersedia.
I. Pilih jawaban yang paling benar
1. The North Olate River ——-from Wyoming into Nebraska.
a. It flowed
d. With flowing water
2. ——Biloxi received its name from a Sioux word meaning “first people”
a. The city of
b. Locate in
c. It is in
d. The tour included
3. A pride of lions —–up to ferty lions, including one to three males, several females and cubs.
a. Can contain
b. It contains
4. —– tea plant are small and white.
b. On the
c. Having flowers the
d. The flowers of the
5. The tetrachnes —- antibiotics, are used to treat infections.
a. Are a family of
b. Being a family
c. A family of
d. Their family
6. Any possible academic assistance from taking stimulanis —– marginal at best.
a. It is
b. That is
7. Henry Adams born in Boston, —–famous as a novelist
b. And became
c. He was
d. And the became
8. —–show the relations among neurons, they do not preclude the possibility that when aspecs are important.
a. Neoral theories
b. A neural theories
c. Although neural theories
d. However neural theories
9. During free fall, —-up to a full minute, a skydiver will fall at a constant speed
a. It is
b. Which is
10. —-in the first draft ofthe budget will not necessarily be in final draft
a. although it appears
b. it appears
c. what appears
d. despite its appearance
11. Until ——incorect, astronomers had assumed that the insidesof white award were uniform.
b. Recenly proven
c. Their proof
d. The astronomers recenly proven
12. When —–nests during spring nesting season Canadageese are fiercely
c. Are building
d. Are built
13. Located behind —–the two lacrimal glands
a. Each eyelid
b. Is each eyelid
c. Each eyelid are
d. Each eyelid which is
14. —–Hale Telescope, at thepalomar Observatory in southern California, scientists can photograph objects several billion light years away.
b. With the
c. They use the
d. It is the
15. Among bees —-a highly elaborate form of communication
c. Is occurs
d. They occurs
16. —–heated by solar energy have special collectors on the roofs to trap sunlight
b. A home is
c. A home
d. Homes are
17. Vitamin C is necessary for the prevention and —– of scurvy
a. It cures
d. For curing
18. Because bone loss accurs earlier in women than —–, the effects of osteoporosis are more apparent in women.
a. As men
b. In men
c. Similar to men
d. Men do
19. The use of detail is —–method of developing a controlling idea, and almost all students employ this method
a. That most common
c. More common
d. Most common
20. The speed of lights is —–the speed of sound.
b. Much faster than
c. One fastest
d. As fast
21. Each object ——jupiter’s magnetic field is deluged with electrical charges.
b. It enter
22. —-discused by the board of directors when it was proposed agaun by the supervisors.
a. The problems had already
b. The problem is already
c. The problem had already been
d. The problem has already
23. A tornado is a violently relating columns of air —–along a narrow path on the ground for a relativity brief period of time.
a. It moves
b. When it moves
c. That moves
d. And moving
24. Her feve is —-to ignors
e. High too much
f. Too much high
g. Too high
h. So high
25.The La Brea tarpits, located in hancock park in the Los Angeles are, have proven to be an extremely fertile source od Ice Age Fossils. Apparently, during the period of the Ice Age, the tarpits were covered by shallow pools of water, when animals came there to drink, they got caught in the sticky tar and perished. The tar not only trapped the animals, leading to their death, but also served as a remarkably effective preservant, allowing near perfect skeletons to remain hidden until yhe present area.
In 1906, the remains of a huge prehistoric bear discovered in the tarpits alerted archeologists to the potensial trasure lying within the tar. Since the thousands and thousands of well-preserved skeleton have been uncovered, including the sekeleton of camels, horses, wolves, tigers, slots, and dinosaurs.
which of the following is NOT true about the La Brea tarpits?
a. They contain fossils that are quite old
b. They are found in Hancock park
c. They have existed since the Ice age
d. They ae located under a swimming pool
26. The pronoun “they” in line 3 refers to
a. The La Brea arpits
b. Ice Age fossils
c. Shallow pools of water
27. According to the passage, how did the Ice Age animals die?
a. The water poisoned them
b. They got stuck in the tar
c. They were attacked by other animals
d. They were killed by hunters
28. When did archeologists become aware of the possible value of the contents of the tarpits?
a. During the Ice Age
b. Thousands and thousands of years ago
c. Early in the twentieth century
d. Within the past decade
29. Manic depression is another psychiatric illness that mainly effects the mood. A patient suffering from this disease will alternate between periods of manic excitement and extreme depression with or without relatively normal periods in between. The cange in mood suffered by a manic depressive patient go far beyond the day to day change experienced by the geneal population. In the period of manic excitement, the mood elevation can become so intense that it can result extended insomania,extreme irritability, and heightened aggressiveness. In the period of depression, which way last for severals weeks or months, a patient experiences feelings of general fatigue, uselessness,and in serious cascs, may contemplete suicide.
The paragraph preceding this passage most probably discuss
a. When manic depression develops
b. Now manic depression can resultan suicide
c. Now moods are determined
d. A different type of mental disease
30. The main topic of this passage is
a. Various psychiatric illnesses
b. How depression affects the mood
c. The mood changes of manic depressions
d. The intense periods of manic excitement
31. The passage indicates that most people
a. Become highly depressed
b. Switch wildly from highs to lows
c. Experiance occasional shifts in mood
d. Never undergo mood changes
32. The passage implies that
a. Change from excitement to depression occur frequently and often
b. Only manic depressive patients experience aggression
c. The depressive phase of this disease can be more harmful than the manic phase
d. Suicide is invetible in cases of manic depression
33. According the passage, a manic depressive patient in a manic phase would be feeling
c. Highly emotional
34. Blood plasma is a clear, almost colorless liquid. It consits of blood from which the red and while blood cells have been removed. It is often used in transfusions because a patient generally needs the plasma portion of the blood more than the other components.
Plasma differs in several important ways from whole blood. First of all, plasma can be mixed for all donors and does not have to be from the right blood group, as whole blood does. In addition, plasma can be dried and stored, while whole blood cannot.
All of the following are true about blood plasma EXCEPT
a. It is deeply colored liquid
b. Blood cells have been taken out of it
c. Patients are often transfused with it
d. It is generally more important to the patient than other parts of whole blood.
35. which of the following is NOT stated about whole blood?
a. It is different from plasma
b. It cannot be dried
c. It is impossible to keep it in storage for a long time
d. It is a clear, colorless liquid
36. Jenny <u>was among</u> the <u>few</u> sudents who will be <u>selected</u> to lead the
<p> A B C </p>
<p>commandement <u>exercise</u> </p>
<p> D </p>
UNTUK LATIHAN TAMBAHAN SOAL SOAL DAN PEMBAHASANNYA KLIK INI